download PDF

Abstract

Mechanized oil production is associated with significant power consumption. The main consumers are well pump electric drives. Due to volatile oil prices, producing companies are forced to look for ways to reduce energy costs and increase energy efficiency of well pump drives. The authors carried out the analysis of downhole sucker rod pump unit from the point of view of energy efficiency and considered the dependence of motor characteristics on cyclic loading. A well pump motor remains underloaded most of the time. Low loading impairs the efficiency and power factor. Thanks to the design features of the downhole sucker rod pump units, the load on the motor shaft varies within each swing cycle. All the parameters also change. Therefore, to perform the calculations, we need to determine the average values of effective power, efficiency and power factor of the swing cycle. Losses of the downhole sucker rod pump units also depend on the degree of balance counterweights. If the unbalance ratio of a pump unit ranges from -5% to + 5%, the power loss of the imbalance can be ignored. For large values of the unbalance factor, the power losses are determined by the graph and taken into account in the overall power consumption of the pump unit. The authors proposed the method, which makes it possible to determine the energy characteristics of the downhole sucker rod pump unit electric drive in the cyclically varying load conditions and a lack of balance. The authors also proposed analytical dependences for determining the operational efficiencies and power factor under cyclic loading. Operation modes of pump unit drives can be optimized and it will reduce specific energy consumption for pumping oil production.

Keywords

Oil well, pump, electric drive, induction motor, sucker rod pump unit, power consumption, energy efficiency, effective power, cyclic load, unbalance factor, wattmeter card.

Marat I. Khakimyanov

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University.

Fanur F. Khusainov

Postgraduate Student, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University.

Igor N. Shafikov

Postgraduate Student, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University.

1. Khakimyanov M.I. Increasing the energy efficiency of downhole pump of artificial lift. Energetik. 2016, no. 5, pp. 36–38. (In Russian)

2. Semisynov R.A., Kiselev Y.S., Khakimyanov M.I. Analysis of energy losses in the technological elements of well oil-extracting pump units. Oil and Gas Business: electronic sci-entific journal. 2015, no. 6, pp. 179-198. Available at: http://ogbus.ru/issues/6_2015/ogbus_ 6_2015_p179-198_ SemisynovRA_ru_en.pdf (Accessed: 13.12.2016). (In Russian)

3. Khakimyanov M.I. Modern control stations of sucker rod pump units. Oil and Gas Business. 2014, vol. 12, no. 1. pp. 78–85. (In Russian)

4. Menshov B.G., Yershov M.S., Yarizov A.D. Elektrotekhnicheskiye ustanovki i kompleksy v neftegazovoy promyshlennosti: Ucheb. dlya vuzov [Electrical installations and facilities in the oil and gas industry: textbook for high schools]. Moscow: JSC Publishing House "Nedra", 2000. 487 p. (In Russian)

5. Mugalimov R.G., Zakirova R.A., Mugalimova A.R. Energy Efficient Asynchronous Motors, their Technical and Economic Advantages and Cost Optimization of their Development. Electrotechnical systems and complexes. 2016, no. 2(31), pp. 30–34.

6. Khakimyanov M.I., Khusainov F.F., Shafikov I.N. Techno-logical parameters influence of oil wells on energy con-sumption of sucker rod pumps. Oil and Gas Business: elec-tronic scientific journal. 2015, no. 1, pp. 533-563. Available at: http://ogbus.ru/issues/1_2015/ogbus_1_2015_p533-563_KhakimyanovMI_ru_en.pdf (Accessed: 13.12.2016).

7. Pachin M.G, Khakimyanov M.I. Intelligent solutions for oil production – sucker rod pump control station of "PNPPK". Bureniye i neft. 2014, no. 9, pp. 58–62. (In Russian)

8. Khakimyanov M.I. Energy intensity in artificial lift of sucker rod pumping units. Vestnik UGATU. 2014, vol. 18, no. 1(62), pp. 124–130.

9. Konesev S.G., Khakimyanov M.I., Khlyupin P.A., Kon-dratyev E.Yu. Modern technologies of hi-viscous oil produc-tion. Electrotechnical systems and complexes. 2013, no. 21, pp. 301–307. (In Russian)

10. Khakimyanov M.I., Siraev R.M., Krylov A.O. The influence of well pump technological and operational parameters on energy consumption. Jelektrotehnicheskie i informacionnye kompleksy i systemy. 2015, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 15–20. (In Russian)

11. Isachenko I.N., Goldshteyn Ye.I., Nalimov G.P. Methods of controlling the balance of pumping unit based on the meas-urement of electrical parameters. Neftyanoye khozyaystvo. 2002, no. 1, pp. 60–61.

12. Mishchenko I.T. Skvazhinnaya dobycha nefti: Uchebnoye posobiye dlya vuzov [Downhole oil production: A manual for universities]. Moscow: "Oil and Gas", 2003. 816 p. (In Russian)

13. Gimatudinova Sh.K., Andriasov R.S., Mishchenko I.T. Spravochnoye rukovodstvo po proyektirovaniyu i ekspluatatsii neftyanykh mestorozhdeniy. Dobycha nefti [Reference Manual for the design and operation of oil fields. Oil production: A manual for universities]. Moscow: "Nedra", 1983. 455 p. (In Russian)

14. Bubnov M. V., Zyuzev A.M. Equipment diagnosis means for sucker rod pumps. Proceedings of the first scientific and technical conference of young scientists of the Ural Energy Institute. Ekaterinburg: Ural Federal University, 2016, pp. 175–178. (In Russian)

15. Milovzorov G.V., Khakimyanov M.I., Redkina T.A., Milov-zorov A.G. Control system for intelligent oil wells operated by downhole method. Intellektualnyye sistemy v proizvodstve. 2015, no. 1, pp. 55–58. (In Russian)

16. Sadov V.B. Setting constraints in the control process of a sucker-rod pumping unit drive. Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Kompyuternyye tekhnologii, upravleniye, radioelektronika. 2014, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 47–51. (In Russian)