download PDF

Abstract

Modern shovel electric drive designed as “thyristor converter-motor” (TCM) system should be used along with a filter-compensating device (FCD). On the basis on the practical experience it was concluded that in terms of the applied scheme simplicity and reliability, step type FCD showed the best results on the quarry shovels. Usage of FCD provides the necessary quality of the electric energy and the power factor tgφ = 0.33÷0. The imitation model in the complex Matlab/Simulink for the FCD control algorithms study and their influence on the electric energy quality measures was developed considering digital control system features realization and power part of the electric drives operation. The real graphs of the shovel EKG-12К operation were used as setting and disturbing signals. To confirm the relevance, real-life graphs were compared with the modeling results. Three main methods of the FCD activation control signal development were studied: by the electric drives reactive power, by the feedback signals of armature current and voltage regulators. Because the shovel electric drives are separated between the two power transformers with their own FCD, for each method there were suggested three ways to control them: separated and joint stage inclusion, by the maximal or the summary signal. Relationships for the task level and the length of the power line 6 kV for the time changing of the stage inclusion were received. The electric energy quality and energy measures were studied. Their dependence on the length of the power line was obtained.

Keywords

Filter-compensating device, dredge electric drive, thyristor converter.

Eduard L. Grekov

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of automated electric drive, electromechanical and electrical, Orenburg State University, Orenburg, Russia.

Sergey I. Filimonov S.I.

Assistant Professor, Shukhov Belgorod state technological university, Belgorod, Russia.

1. Mikitchenko A.Y., Shevchenko A.N., Biryukov U.A., Shestakov P.R. Energy efficiency regulation of thyristor and transistor drives of excavator. Gornoe oborudovanie i el-ektromehanika [Mining equipment and electromechanics], 2008, no. 5, pp. 24–31. (In Russian)

2. State Standard 32144-2013. Interstate standard. Electric Energy. Compatibility of technical equipment. Electric power quality standards in public power-supply systems. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2014. 20 p. (In Russian).

3. Grekov E.L., Shevchenko A.N., Filimonov S.I. Dredge filter-compensating device operating method research. Vestnik BGTU im. V.G. Shuhova [Bulletin of BSTU named after V.G. Shukhov], 2014, no. 1, pp. 196–203. (In Russian)

4. Safoshin V.V., Mikitchenko A.Ya., Shevchenko A.N., Sholenkov A.N., Sherbakov A.V., Shokov M.A. Electric drive for excavator EKG-5 on the basis of thyristor converter - motor system produced by “Rudoavtomatika”. Gornoe oborudo-vanie i elektromehanika [Mining equipment and electrome-chanics]. 2009, no. 4, pp. 16–22. (In Russian)

5. Filimonov S.I. Two-stage dependent intensity regulator Model development in MATLAB. Universum: tehnicheskie nauki [Universum: technical science], 2016, no. 1(23), pp. 2. (In Russian)

6. Shevyrev Yu. V. Ways of increasing electric power indices of complex drilling rigs. Izvestiya vysshih uchebnyh zavedenij. Geologiya I razvedka. [News of higher educational institutions. Geology and exploration.], 2004, no. 6, pp. 64–69. (In Russian)

7. Shevyreva N.Yu. Influence of multistage filter compensation device on energy quality during the operation of drill rigs with variable – frequency electric drive. Gornyj informacionno-analiticheskij byulleten' (nauchno-tekhnicheskij zhurnal) [Mining information-analytical Bulletin (scientific and technical journal)], 2015, no.1, pp. 408–415.

8. Zhezhelenko I.V., Saenko Yu.L. Pokazateli kachestva el-ektroenergii i ih control na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh [Power Quality Ratings and Their Monitoring in Industrial Enterprises], 3rd ed., rev. and ext. Moscow, Energoatomisdat Publ., 2000. 252 p. (In Russian)

9. State Standard 30804.4.7-2013. Interstate standard. Compat-ibility of technical equipment. General guide on harmonics and interharmonics measurement and instrumentation, for power supply systems and equipment connected thereto. Moscow, Standartinform Publ., 2013. 33 p. (In Russian)