download PDF

Abstract

The paper presents the results of the research aimed at solving the problem of rational distribution of electric drives of withdrawal rolls along the technological line of the continuous casting machine and selecting the minimum number of withdrawal rolls in different sections of the secondary cooling zone. The research includes the construction and ranking criteria for the distribution of drive rollers along the technological line of the continuous casting machine; the development of methods and algorithms for calculating the required distribution of load moments by withdrawal rolls and distribution of electric drives of withdrawal rolls along the secondary cooling zone in three modes of operation of the electric drive of the withdrawal and straightening unit: retention of the seed in the preparatory casting mode of the continuous casting machine; pulling the seed with the head of the ingot at the initial stage of metal pouring; stretching of the ingot in the working mode of casting. Theoretical studies were carried out using analytical and numerical methods to solve algebraic equations, methods of structural modeling. It is proved that due to the significant reduction in the number of withdrawal rolls, the payback period of replacement at new machines for continuous casting of the group scheme of power supply for electric motors to individual ones decreases from 5.8-7.8 years with the traditional distribution of withdrawal rolls along the secondary cooling zone to 2.8-3 years with their rational distribution calculated by the developed methods. The results of the work were used in the design of a slab machine for continuous casting of curvilinear blanks intended for casting of wide billets up to 2.5 m. According to the proposed method, the number of electric drives of withdrawal rolls is reduced to 56.

Keywords

Continuous casting machine, electric drive, pull roller, rational distribution, distribution criteria.

Sergej I. Lukyanov

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Director of the Power Engineering and Automated Systems Institute, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Dmitry S. Lukyanov

Ph.D. (Eng.), Customer Services Managing Director, Compass Plus, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Oksana S. Logunova

D.Sc. (Eng.), head of Computer Engineering and Software Engineering department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Gennadiy V. Nikiforov

D.Sc. (Eng.), chairman of board of directors, Magnitogorskgazstroy LLC, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Sergey S. Krasilnikov

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of electronics and microelectronics, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Nickovskih V.M., Karlinskij S.E., Berenov A.D. Mashiny nepreryvnogo litya zagotovok [Contunuous casting ma-chines]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1991. 272 p. (In Russian)

2. Safonov, D.S.,Logunova, O.S.,Chistiakov, D.V. (2016) Op-timization of nozzle layout in continuous casting machine. Bulletin of the South Ural State University, Series: Mathe-matical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software 1(9): 114–122.

3. Luk'yanov, S.I., Suspitsyn, E.S., Krasilnikov, S.S., Konovalov, M.V. (2014) Diagnosing technological defects in continuous slab casters. Metallurgist 58:310-315. doi:10.1007/s11015-014-9907-1

4. Lukyanov S.I., Suspitsyn E.S., Krasilnikov S.S., Shvidchen-ko D.V. (2015) Intelligent system for prediction of liquid metal breakouts under a mould of slab continuous casting machines. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 79(9):1861–1868. doi:10.1007/s00170-015-6945-1.

5. Logunova, O.S., Devyatov, D.Kh.,Nurov, Kh.Kh. (2005) Computerized quality estimates of continuous-cast billet. Steel in Translation 35(9): 36–42.

6. Lukyanov S. S., Belyi A.V., Logunova O. S., Shvidchenko D.V., Pishnograyev R. S., Suspitsyn Ye. S. (2017) Strand withdrawal rate stabilization: via the electric drive of the sec-ondary cooling zone of a continuous casting machine. Manuf Technol 89 (5): 1975-1987. doi:10.1007/s00170-016-9224-x.

7. Margolin SH.M. Elektroprivod mashin nepreryvnogo litya zagotovok [Electric Drive of a Continuous Casting Machine]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1987. 279 p. (In Russian)

8. Lukyanov S.I., Selivanov I.A., Fomin N.V., Vasilyev A.E. Elektroprivod tyanushchih rolikov MNLZ [Electric Drive of CCM Withdrawal Rolls]. Electric Drive and Control. 2001? no. 1, pp. 10–12. (In Russian)

9. Luk'yanov S.I., Suspicyn E.S., Shvidchenko D.V., Pish-nograev R.S., Konovalov M.V. Izvestiya vysshih uchebnyh zavedenij. Elektromekhanika [Proceedings of Universities. Electromechanics], 2009, no. 1, pp. 38–42. (In Russian)

10. Luk'yanov S.I., Vasilyev A.E., Luk'yanov D.S. Avtoma-tizirovannyj ehlektroprivod tyanushche-pravilnogo ustrojstva MNLZ: monografiya [Automated Electric Drive of the Withdrawal and Straightening Unit of a CCM: monograph]. Magnitogorsk: MGTU, 2004. 176 p. (In Russian)

11. Takhautdinov R.S., Luk'yanov S.I., Vdovin K.N., Bodyaev Yu.A., Nosov A.D., Suspitsin V.G., Selivanov I.A., Sidelnikova E.I. (2002) Effect of the Current Distribution between the Electric Motors of the Pinch Rollers in the Sec-ondary Cooling Zone of a Continuous Caster on the Quality of the Cast Semifinished Product. Metallurgist 46(2): 24-27. doi: 10.1023/A:1015659432005.

12. Devyatov D.H., Luk'yanov S.I., Logunova O.S., Suspicyn E.S., Tutarova V.D., Shvidchenko D.V. Avtomatizirovannaya sistema kontrolya i upravleniya MNLZ [Automated System of CCM Control]. Magnitogorsk, 2009. 640 p. (In Russian)

13. Luk'yanov D.S. Raspredelenie ehlektroprivodov tyanushchih rolikov na mashine nepreryvnogo litya zagotovok. Avto-referat kand. tekhn. nauk [Distribution of Electric Drives of CCM Withdrawal Rolls. Abstract of Ph.D. thesis]. Magnito-gorsk: MGTU, 2005. 20 p. (In Russian)

14. Luk'yanov S.I., Fomin N.V., Belyj A.V. Issledovanie buksovok tyanushchih rolikov zony vtorichnogo ohlazhdeniya mashiny nepreryvnogo litya zagotovok KKC OAO «MMK» [Slipping of Withdrawal Rolls of the Secondary Cooling Section of a Continuous Casting Machine of the Oxygen Converter Shop of the OJSC “MMK”]. Magnitogorsk, 2000; Dep. v VINITI 24.07.2000, №2064 – V00.

15. Selivanov I.A., Luk'yanov S.I., Fomin N.V. Elektrotekhnich-eskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 2000, no. 5, pp. 5–9. (In Russian)

16. Selivanov I.A., Luk'yanov S.I., Pogorelov I.L., Luk'yanov V.P. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical systems and complexes]. 1998. no. 3. pp. 127–133.

17. Luk'yanov S.I., Karandaev A.S., Evdokimov S.A., Sarvarov A.S., Petushkov M.YU., Khramshin V.R. Vestnik Mag-nitogorskogo Gosudarstvennogo Tekhnicheskogo Universi-teta im. G.I. Nosova [Vestnik of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University]. 2014, no. 1 (45), pp. 129–136.