download PDF

Abstract

The paper explains the similarity in the mathematical structure of three-phase thyristor variable voltage regulators and bridge-circuit rectifiers. Thus a generic mathematical model in Matlab environment was suggested; the model makes it possible to study these converters. As a result of this research work, a mathematical model was used to develop the design principles and an experimental installation was assembled, which can be used both as a rectifier and a variable voltage regulator.

Keywords

Direct current, alternating current, rectifier, variable voltage regulator generic mathematical model.

Vladimir S. Klimash

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Department of Industrial Electronics, Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University, Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ye Min Thu

A post-graduate student, Depatment of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University, Komsomolsk-on-Amur, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

1. Zabrodin Yu.S. Promyshlennaya elektronika [Industrial Electronics]. Moscow, High school Publ., 1982. 496 p.

2. Shubenko V.A., Braslavskiy I.Ya. Tiristornyy asinkhronnyy elektroprivod s fazovym upravleniem [Thyristor Asynchronous Drive with Phase Control]. Мoscow, Energy Publ., 1972. 200 p.

3. Labuntsov V.A. Energeticheskaya elektronika [Power electronics]. A reference book. Translated from German. Мoscow, Energoatomizdat Publ., 1978. 464 p.

4. Chizhenko I.M. Rudenko V.S., Sen'ko V.I. Osnovy preobrazovatelnoy tekhniki [Fundamentals of Converting Equipment]. 2nd edition. Мoscow, High school Publ., 1980. 424 p.

5. Klimash V.S. Osnovy preobrazovatelnoy tekhniki [Fundamentals of Converting Equipment]. Komsomolsk-on-Amur: Komsomolsk-on-Amur State Technical University Publ., 2010. 100 p.

6. Takeuti T. Teoriya i primenenie ventilnykh tsepey dlya regulirovaniya dvigateley [Theory and Application of Valve Circuits to Control Motors]. Translated from English. Leningrad, «Energy», 1973. – 248 p.

7. Klimash V.S., Ye Min Thu Certificate RF NO2016617861 of software registration for computers "Software of generic mathematical model in MatLab environment for thyristor converters controlled by power line for investigation of physical processes". Bulletin no.8, 20.08.2016.