download PDF

Abstract

The article considers the steam supply system of a metallurgical plant using Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works as an example. Elements of this system were described and analyzed. The main task is to evaluate the possibility of increasing power output by raising the share of heat usage from converter gases. Operating characteristics of low-potential steam turbines were analyzed. The causes of the system inefficiency were identified. The suggested measures can be used to increase the proportion of low-potential steam usage, stabilize the operation and to increase power generation in the system of low-grade steam utilization.

Keywords

Low-potential steam, steam accumulators, heat utilization, converter gas, steam supply system.

Konstantin V. Ustimov

Post-graduate student, the department of Heat and Electrical System Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Evgeniy B. Agapitov

D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, Head of the Department, Department of Heat and Electrical System Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Vladimir N. Mikhaylovskiy

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Heat and Electrical System Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Evgeniy A. Semenov

Manager, Power department, OJSC "MMK", Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Sergey V. Oskolkov

Assistant Professor, the Department of Heat and Electrical System Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Rozengard Yu.I., Muradova Z.A., Teverovskiy B.Z., et.al. Teploenergetika metallurgicheskikh zavodov [Heat Power Engineering of Metallurgical Enterprises]. Moscow, Metallurgy Publ., 1985. 303 p.

2. Baptizmanskiy V.I., Medzhibozhskiy M.Ya., Okhotskiy V.B. Konverternye protsessy proizvodstva stali. Teoriya, tekhnologiya, konstruktsii agregatov [Converter Processes of Steel Making. Theory, Engineering, Equipment Design.]. Kiev, Donetsk, High School Publ.,1984. 343 p.

3. Tsvetkov V.V. Organizatsiya parosnabzheniya promyshlennykh predpriyatiy [Steam Supply at Industrial Enterprises.] Moscow, Energy Publ., 1980. 206 p.

4. Sazanov B.V., Sitas V.I. Teploenergeticheslie sistemy ghjvyshlennykh predpriyatiy: uchebnoe posobie dlya vuzov [Heat and Power Systems for Industrial Enterprises. Textbook for Universities]. Moscow, Energoatonizdat Publ., 1990. 304 p.

5. Kapil A., Bulatov I., Kim J. K., Smith R. Exploitation of low-grade heat in site utility systems. In Chemical Engineering Transactions|Chem. Eng. Trans., vol. 21, pp. 367-372. doi: 10.3303/CET102101762

6. Vakhromeev I.E., Kazarinov L.S., Shnaider D.A. Method of Feed-forward Control of Manufacturing Steam Distribution System. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: Komp'yuternye tekhnologii, upravlenie, radioelektronika [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Series Computer technology, control, radio electronics], 2010, no.2(178), pp.86-91. (In Russian)

7. Shnaider D.A. Operational Control of Power Flows in Manufacturing Networks Taking into Account their Accumulation. Vestnik YuUrGU. Seriya: Komp'yuternye tekhnologii, upravlenie, radioelektronika [Bulletin of South Ural State University. Series Computer technology, control, radio electronics], 2008, no.17(117), pp.45-49. (In Russian)

8. Ustimov K.V., Agapitov E.B., Oskolkov S.V. Improvement of Steam Utilization Efficiency of OKG with Variable Parameters Using Steam Accumulation System at the OJSC "MMK". Radioelektronika, elektrotekhnika i energetika: sbshchrnik statey po rezul'tatam XX mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii studentov i aspirantov [Radio electronics and power engineering: collection of scientific articles of the Twentieth international scientific conference of students and post-graduate students], Moscow: MEI, 2014, pp.235. (In Russian)

9. Ustimov K.V., Agapitov E.B. Assessment of Heat Accumulation System Operation in the System of Low Parameter Steam Utilization at the OJSC “MMK”. Energo- i resursosberezhenie. Energoobespechenie. Netraditsionnye i vozobnovlyaemye istochniki energii: sbornik statey po rezul'tatam: Vserossiyskoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii studentov, aspirantov i molodykh uchenykh s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem [Energy and resource saving. Power Supply. Nonconventional and renewable energy sources: collection of scientific articles of the All-Russian scientific conference of students, post-graduate students and young scientists], Yekaterinburg, UrFU, 2013. pp.214-215. (In Russian)

10. Kapelovich B.E. Ekspluatatsiya paroturbinnykh ustanovok [Operation and Maintenance of Steam Turbine Plants.]. Мoscow, Energy, 1975. 288 p.