download PDF

Abstract

The paper analyzes the stability of driving mechanisms of auxiliary induction motors of thermal power plant. The calculation takes into account operating (pressure) characteristics of pumps and draft equipment, as well as the characteristics of the pipeline networks needed to determine the mechanisms of torque-speed characteristics. The resulting method of calculation was integrated into the software "KATRAN", where the calculation of transients is based on the method of successive intervals taking into account the adjusted analysis depending on the time of the machine operating speed. Modeling emergency operation makes it possible to determine the success of the self-start of auxiliary generators and motors to meet the needs of the plant. On the basis of the simulated emergency operation we found sensory elements in the scheme assessing the stability of auxiliary generators and motors. The developed method can be used to select the parameters of operation of relay protection and technological systems of auxiliary needs of thermal power for more reliable operation of the main and auxiliary process equipment.

Keywords

Station auxiliaries, feed pumps, operating characteristics, characteristics of the pipe network, torque-speed characteristics, dynamic stability, self-starting motor, sensory.

Aleksey V. Malafeev

Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, Department of Industrial Electric Power Supply, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

Maksim A. Tremasov

Engineer, Electricial Engineering Department, "Magnitogorsk Gipromez" JSC, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Georgiadi V.Kh., Kurbangaliev U.K., Sokolov V.L. Analysis of Methods of Calculation of Self-starting Modes for Motors of Auxiliary Power Needs. Elektricheskie stantsii [Electric power plants], 1987, no. 5, pp. 31-34. (In Russian)

2. Georgiadi V.Kh. Simplified Calculation of Motor Rundown Mode. Promyshlennaya energetika [Industrial power engineering], 1985, no 5, pp. 42-45. (In Russian)

3. Malafeev A.V., Dolganova A.S., Gazizova O.V. Stability Analysis of Motors of Auxiliary Power Plants at JSC "MMK". Glavnyy energetic [Chief Power Engineer], 2012, no. 10, pp. 40-46. (In Russian)

4. Voytov O.N., Voropay N.I., Gamm A.Z. et al. Analysis of Irregularities in Electric Power Systems. Novosibirsk, Nauka. Sibirskaya izdatelskaya firma RAN Publ., 1999. 256 p.

5. Malafeev A.V., Tremasov M.A. Development of Updated Methodology for Calculating Torque-Speed Characteristics of Thermal Power Plant Feed Pump in The Problem of Auxiliary Power Stability Analysis. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2014, no. 3, pp. 58-63. (In Russian)

6. Pfleiderer C. Strömungsmaschinen. Springer 1952, p. 249.

7. Malafeev A.V., Tremasov M.A. Analytical Determination of Torque-speed Characteristics of Blower Fan of Thermal Power Plant. Energetiki i metallurgi nastoyashchemu i budushchemu Rossii: materialy 17-y Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. studentov, aspirantov i spetsialistov [Proc. of 17th scientific conference ''Power Engineers and Metallurgists to the Present and the Future of Russia''], 2016, pp. 144-147. (In Russian)

8. Arshenevskiy N.N. Obratimye gidromashiny gidroakkumuliruyushchikh elektrostantsiy [Reversible Hydraulic Pump Storage Power Plants]. Moscow, Energiya Publ., 1977. 240 p.

9. Malafeev A.V., Bulanova O.V., Rotanova Yu.N. Method of Presentation of Asynchronous Motors in Calculation of Transient Modes of Short Circuit in Order to Analyze Current Make-up Effect on Dynamic Stability. Vesti vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy Chernozemya [News of Black Earth Belt Heir Education Institutions], 2008, no.13, pp.43-45. (In Russian)

10. Yuldasheva A.I., Malafeev A.V. Accounting the reliability index at planning the mode of industrial power supply system with own electric power stations. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2015, no. 3, pp. 36-40. (In Russian)

11. Malafeev A.V., Bulanova O.V., Akhmetkhanov A.M. Research of static stability of synchronous motor in electric power supply system of MMK OJSC. Elektrotekhnicheskie sistemy i kompleksy [Electrotechnical Systems and Complexes], 2010, no. 1, pp. 32-35. (In Russian)