download PDF

Abstract

The mathematical model to determine the amplitude of magnetic field and the position of a metal body held in suspension in the inductor coil with reverse coil. Computer simulation of the possible equilibrium points of the cylindrical and spherical bodies in the magnetic field of the inductor was made. It is established that there is a critical density of the material and the minimum value of current through the inductor, which characterizes the maximum theoretical capacity of retaining the body of given sizes.

Keywords

Levitation melting, high-frequency inductor, magnetic field strength, suspension of metal, electromagnetic force, stable equilibrium.

Yachikov Igor Mikhailovich – D.Sc. (Eng.), Professor, the Department of Computer Engineering and Software Engineering, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

1. Fogel A.A. Induktsionnyy metod uderzhaniya zhidkikh metallov vo vzveshennom sostoyanii [Induction method of liquid metals retention in suspended state]. Leningrad: Mechanical Engineering, 1974. 104 p.

2. Glebovsky V.G., Bourtsev V.T. Plavka metallov i splavov vo vzveshennom sostoyanii [Melting of metals and alloys in suspended state]. Moscow: Metallurgy, 1974. 176 p.

3. Yachikov I.M., Portnova I.V., Zalyautdinov R.Yu. Modelirovaniye povedeniya magnitnogo polya v vanne dugovoy pechi postoyannogo toka pri raznykh konstruktsiyakh tokopodvoda k podovomu elektrodu [Modeling of magnetic field behavior in the bath of a DC arc furnace at different structures of current supply to the bottom electrode]. Mathematical and software in the industrial and social spheres: Magnitogorsk: Publishing house of Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, 2012, pp. 183 190.

4. Yachikov I.M., Zalyautdinov R.Yu. Issledovaniye magnitnogo polya v vanne dugovoy pechi postoyannogo toka pri raznoy forme tokopodvodyashchey shiny k podovomu elektrodu [Investigation of magnetic field in the bath of a DC arc furnace at different forms of the busbar connected to the bottom electrode]. Proceedings of universities. Iron and steel. 2014, № 3, pp. 58 63.

5. Yachikov I.M., Vdovin K.N., Shmelev M.O. Modelirovaniye povedeniya magnitnogo polya i polozheniya tela vo vzveshennom sostoyanii v vysokochastotnom induktore s obratnym vitkom [Modeling of magnetic field behavior and position of a body suspended in the high-frequency inductor with reverse coil]. Mathematical and software systems in industrial and social spheres. 2013, №1, pp. 47 53.

6. Yachikov I.M., Shmeliov M.O. Modelirovaniye napryazhennosti magnitnogo polya v induktore s protivovitkom [Modeling of magnetic field in the inductor with reverse coil]. Certificate of state registration of software № 2014614306. 2014.