download PDF

Abstract

The paper proposes an improved technique for calculating the torque-speed characteristic of the feed pump based on the provisions of the theory of hydraulic machines and research in the area of reversible hydraulic. Analytical expressions for the operating characteristics of feed pumps boiler installations and pipeline network characteristics taking into account the main components of head loss, such as loss of water hammer, the churning losses and hydraulic losses. The torque-speed characteristic is generated taking into account hydraulic losses and rubbing friction losses. Universal torque-speed characteristics of reversible hydraulic machines are used in counter-flow mode. The analysis of induction motor rundown is carried out on the basis of the updated methodology of calculating torque-speed characteristics of the working mechanism using the method of successive intervals. The developed method can be used to select pickup values of relay protection in the systems of in-plant thermal electric power stations.

Keywords

Auxiliary power, feed pump, operating characteristics, pipeline network characteristics, torque-speed characteristic, transient stability.

Malafeev Aleksey Vyacheslavovich – Ph.D. (Eng.), Associate Professor, department of industrial electric power supply, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Tremasov Maksim Aleksandrovich – master’s degree student, Industrial Power Supply Systems Department, Nosov Magnitogorsk State Technical University, Magnitogorsk, Russia.

1. Vasiliev A.A., Kryuchkov I.P., Nayashkova E.F. Elektricheskaya chast stantsij i podstantsij [Electrical part of stations and substations]: college textbook. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1990. 576 p.

2. Cherkasskiy V.M. Nasosy, ventilyatory, kompressory [Pumps, fans, compressors]: College textbook for heatengineering specialties. Moscow: Energiya, 1977. 424 p.

3. Mikhailov A.N., Malyushenko V.V. Lopastnye nasosy. Teoriya, raschet i konstruirovanie [Vane pumps. Theory, calculation and design]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1977. 288 p.

4. Pfleiderer C. Tsentrobezhnie i propellernie nasosy [Centrifugal and propeller pumps]. Moscow: Energoizdat, 1937. 495 p.

5. Pfleiderer C. Strömungsmaschinen. Springer 1952, S. 249.

6. Arshenevskiy N.N. Obratimye gidromashiny gidroakkumuliruyuschih elektrostantsij [Reversible hydraulic pumped of storage power plants]. Moscow: Energiya, 1977. 240 p.

7. Syromyatnikov I.A. Rezhimy raboty sinhronnyh i asinhronnyh dvigatelej [Synchronous and asynchronous motors operation modes]. Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1984. 240 p.

8. Kulikov Yu.A. Perehodnye protsessy v elektricheskih sistemah [Transient processes in electric power systems]: study guide. Novosibirsk: Publishing center of NSTU, 2002. 283 p.